5 things to bring to your Yoga Class:
- Your own mat! I would always recommend taking your own mat or a yoga towel with a grippy underside (although these can slip). There are different types of mats depending on thickness, stickiness and texture; which you choose is completely up to you, so it’s best to keep it simple. Textured mats are ideal for Hatha because of all the bending, sliding, and stretching while you hold the poses. When you get hot it is difficult for smooth rubber and foam mats to stay sticky so your feet grip.
- Comfortable snug clothes. You don’t want to get into a Downward Dog situation where your t-shirt is up round your ears – if it’s going to fall down or fall up then it’s best to pick something a little more snug whilst allowing you to move freely still.
- A water bottle – Yoga can be hot work.
- A small hand towel. Nothing wrong with a bit of sweat on your palms and you can dry them to avoid slipping in certain poses. Even fold up to use under your head for relaxation and grounding.
- Bring a blanket for relaxation at the end. Lovely for those of you who love to get snuggly during relaxation, having your own blanket can help to relax you even further and also make you feel safe and warm. It’s also great to use as a bolster rolled up during the poses.
Please follow and like us: